Bridge over WiFi Installation Guide
The Bridge requires an Internet connection and 120V 60Hz AC power (standard in North America).
- Configure the ZyXEL MWR102 router by initially switching the router to AP mode by using the physical switch on the device.
- Connect the supplied USB power adapter (in the ZyXEL box) to the back of the ZyXEL and plug into a power outlet.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from your computer to the LAN port of the ZyXEL.
- If your computer’s IP address in not in the range between 192.168.100.2 and 192.168.100.254 then set your computer’s IP address to 192.168.100.2. On a Windows 7/Vista machine this can be configured under: Local Area Connection > Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Properties > Use the Following IP Address. Further documentation can be found in Appendix C of: http://www.zyxel.com//us/en/uploads/images/ug_MWR102_1.00.pdf
- Open a web browser such as Internet Explorer and type 192.168.100.1 as the web address in your web browser.
- The default user name is ‘admin’ and the default password is ‘1234’. This is also specified on the sticker on the bottom of the ZyXEL.
- Go to Wireless > Basic Settings and enter the SSID (case sensitive) and select Client under Wireless Mode. Apply Changes and when prompted – Reboot Later.
- Go to Wireless > Security and select Encryption type and additional characteristics. Enter Key and Apply Changes. When prompted – Reboot Now.
- After the ZyXEL has rebooted, go to Management > Status and check to see if the State of Wireless Local Network is Connected.
- Unplug the ZyXEL from the outlet, and disconnect the Ethernet cable from your computer. Connect the Ethernet cable to the back of the Bridge.
- Revert your computer’s IP address to its original configuration.
- Determine a location for placement of the JumpDrive Bridge. The ideal location is indoors close to where fleet vehicles typically enter or exit the premises. Locate an area that has WiFi coverage and has power outlets nearby.
- Connect the supplied wall mount power adapter to the back of the Bridge and plug it into a power outlet. Plug in the ZyXEL to a power outlet.
- Place the Bridge on a table or other structure, where the Bridge is least obstructed to the area where fleet vehicles typically enter or exit.
- Once the Power & Connectivity LED stops blinking and stays solid, the setup is complete.
- If the Power & Connectivity LED continues to blink after 1 minute, then please contact your Network Administrator. Your Network Administrator may request the MAC address of the Bridge, which is printed on the label on the back of the Bridge (if MAC filtering is being used on your network).
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888 533 4890.